Sunday, April 19, 2009

The weekend!

We had a great weekend! Last Thurs & Friday it was 70+ degrees and sunny here! Our neighborhood had a garage sale. What a great way to get exercise and walk! Of course I found a cute Polly set that adds on to a set Maddy has-ugh, more Polly's =) One of Hayley's friends that live behind us had a sale so Hayley bought a cute sweater and Brent bought Pokemon cards from another friend on that block. The $2 I spent on Maddy's Polly's it was worth listening to how excited she was! I was telling her about it on the way home from school but not telling her what I bought and she was in the backseat giggling and carrying on with excitement! What Polly's do to a little girl!! Brent was excited about his cards, he had to show me them ALL and he sorted them by points. He used his $$ to buy them so that added to the excitement. He's so precious-he spent 1/2 hr picking through all of these cards to find the best. He showed me each one.

The excitement carried over into Saturday. Brent had his first baseball game. His team won 22-6! Ok, that's not what really counts but it's fun. In one of the innings, Brent was up with 2 outs and bases loaded. He hit a line drive up the middle-it went by the 2nd baseman and shortstop and past the left fielder!! He scored all 3 runs and he got all the way to 3rd base!!!!!!!!! Way to go little man!!!!!! His coach gave Brent the game ball at the end!

Maddy had practice and you should the arm on this pipsqueak! She can throw hard AND aim! Her coaches weren't expecting her throws and they think she's good! She can hit too! These kids must have my athletic ability! HAHAHAHAHA!

It's been quiet for Hayley. Her toe is healing-now I can tell. I'm not sure when she'll get skin but there's a difference in the look. She was up Friday nite until midnight reading! Gotta love it but a little late especially when she doesn't sleep in.

Scott starts softball with his church league next week. Tis the busy season with all these kids playing ball! It's alot of fun to watch him play! I'm glad he still can =)

This afternoon Hayley & I went to church to volunteer for Kids Against Hunger. Normally our church volunteers go to the warehouse 20 min from here but this time we assembled at our church. 300 people signed up for the 2 shifts! It was so fun and cool! Our team had 6 of us pour the food into a bag and another 6 or so weigh and seal the bags. The bags consist of a powder vitamin mixture, dried veggies, wheat germ ? and rice. It's wonderful to know these bags of food will feed children in Africa. Our team in an hr made 360 bags! Multiply by the other people in our shift and the 2nd shift! We had so many volunteers that Gina, the organizer decided to have some of us make 1,000 PB&J sandwiches for shelters around Cincy. Hayley & I had so much fun and it was an eye opener for her-me too. She felt bad for the starving children.

Well, I'm off to read and relax! Get ready for another busy week!!!!!

No comments: