Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hello!

What's the news today.......................Spring has sprung here! Scott cut the grass tonite. It's so long and green! Our trees are blooming and have great flowers on them. The tulips and daffodils are up!!!!! Birds are singing...........we had a woodpecker pecking on our playset over the weekend. I don't think he got very far.

We finally received our 2nd chair and footstool for our den which WAS our computer room. We moved our computer in the basement. It's great to sit in the comfy chair, feet up and read! Hayley has also found her spot in there and likes to read! And speaking of her, her spacer deal is progressing nicely! She's starting to get a space between her teeth. She still talks like she's got a mouth full-it's pretty cute. But she does have a mouth full. Her softball coach wants her to try playing catcher. I think this year they can steal bases so we'll see if she likes playing there. She's in 4th quarter now. The school year is slipping away................another year. We went to her open house at the middle school and she's so excited to go! She's going to play bells this year and percussion next which leads into drums. She's excited for that too. The layout of the middle school is great. One building is 5-6th grade and the other bldg is 7-8th. The buildings are connected but they never mix. The 5th grade is in a 'pod' upstairs and 6th is down. The bus ride should be interesting.......................

Brent is great. School is going smooth for him. He LOVES to read too! His favorite books are the Magic Tree House. He and Hayley compare which books they've read. He's having fun with baseball. He's not sure about playing football this fall. As of now, he doesn't want to. Sign ups are already underway. If he doesn't play, that's fine.

And Maddy................she's great too. She's really coming along in her reading as well. Her teacher says she's doing great in class and is independent and confident. She'll do great in 1st grade. I'm worried about her being gone all day. I miss them all when they're at school................Her team hasn't practiced much. They start next week.

Next week is Spring Break for us. Scott is taking a few days off and we might go to the Children's Museum or one of the Hall of Fame's.

I have gotten the results of the monitor I had to wear. It's what the dr thought-premature ventricular contractions or premature heart beats. I have a follow up here in a few weeks. I'm supposed to stay away from caffeine and chocolate. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!! Maybe I can drink caffeine free Mt Dew but CHOCOLATE! Not that I eat it everyday but there are THOSE days when a piece IS NEEDED! Which I'm sure is fine. I laughed when I heard that.

Well, I went on my Walk to Emmaus 2 weekends ago. It was a wonderful, serene, emotional, positive weekend! I'm so glad I had the opportunity to go and had a wonderful sponsor! There were so many emotional surprises, laughs, great food and tears. But I came away with so much more positive, moving feelings. I've been on a high since. The love that I felt from my fellow 'pilgrims', Emmaus Walk alumni that came from our church to support me (and my hubby came =) and people I don't know was incredible! One night I was reading Luke for the bible study I'm in and I found Maddy's dried, purple play doh in my bible! I needed a laugh that night! I'm not going into detail about all experiences because it would be a book by the time I'm done. It's been fun to compare notes with Scott & my dad. Scott didn't want to tell me the 'surprises' otherwise it would have ruined it.

So now I'm back in the swing of things-school, papers, practice, etc. I have the Twilight movie! I think I've watched it 3 times now and the bonus features. My neighbor Jenny who also is a fan, has the movie and the next rainy day, we plan to watch it-again! I can't get enough! How sad is that?

Anyway................well, I'm off to read and go to bed.

No comments: