Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Feeling Better =-)

Well, today's appt was WONDERFUL! Hayley's ped dr was back from vacation! She is so wonderful and up beat! She 'unveiled' Hayley's toe and thought it was cool. UGH. Both Hayley and I finally looked at it and it's definately missing a corner. It has a definate slant to it. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it =) Maybe. I can't tell if her nail is 1/2 gone or all gone. It's a red 'beefy', mess. She will not have to have surgery as of now. Her ped dr even had the podiatrist come take a look-how's that for service? He thought it looked great and they were both noticing how it's still bleeding and shouldn't be after all of these days which is a question I had. We have a RX for Silvadine ? to put on to stop it. It's used for burn victims. We bought our supplies today to bandage her toe. We go back on Tuesday for another recheck. She has to wear her special shoe at least until then. No softball or gym thru next week. We're all in better spirits now! She can take a bath but it's suggested to keep her toe out of the water for pain issues. I change her dressing everyday and it needs air for 20-30 minutes.

On the upside, she's having her friend Marie over for a sleepover!

No comments: