Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tball


















Maddy had a game last night. She did very well! She played shortstop and catcher! Brent said shortstop was good for her because she's short =) She looked like a storm trooper from Star Wars =) with all of her catching pads on I didn't get a good picture then my battery went dead. The helmets are a bit big. It started to rain at the beginning of the game but ended and the sun came out. As Maddy was running home, she has a huge smile on her face!
My Endoscopy went well. The dr was running a bit behind (I guess that can be a pun) since I found that he also does Colonoscopies! Those who are having Endos done, we can leave our pants and shoes on. Those who are having the other get to bare all! Two of us were having Endos and the rest were the 'other.' The nurse started my IV-not fun. Scott came to keep me company then he went to pick Maddy up from school. I was wheeled in and the dr wanted me to roll on my left side while the anethesiologist (sp?) had 2 needles behind me. I was very concerned with this since I wasn't sure where they were going to put those =) In my IV-that's the sleepy drug. I've had gas to put me out. So we joked that I had my pants on which was good so the dr wouldn't mistake me for the 'others' and what they were having done! Stay above the waist! Before I know it I was getting droopy and then I woke up. The nurse started to talk to me to tell me I was done. From what I could hear, I was not alone in the recovery room. I heard a man's voice and the nurse talking to him about needing to pass gas. Obviously he was having the 'other' done. I hadn't even opened my eyes and I hear him passing gas! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Not to be childish, but it was funny and unexpected. So, long story short, my Esophagus had shrunk and the dr widened it. I could tell when I ate yesterday that I didn't feel the food scraping down (potato chips) like I used to. I woke up feeling fine with the drugs they used. Scott, Maddy & I went out for lunch =) and came home to relax. I didn't have pain except for when I laughed last night. So all's well!

No comments: