



Happy Holidays!!!!! I can't believe it's almost here! The kids are so excited. It's wonderful to be off for xmas break =)We woke to snow yesterday. The grass isn't totally covered so we didn't get much. I went to the barn yesterday and the horses were so pretty with the snow and it started to snow while I was there. Here are some pic's......the 2nd pic is Dynamite and the donkey the rescue has. This is Dynamite's first snow, so when I led him out of the barn he stopped and wasn't sure what was going on. Dynamite is so cute! He's a stud muffin and the rescue is going to use him to 'stud out!' The other pic's are of Black Jack. His owners couldn't care for him or Power Motion anymore. They're both $40k horses and they have real shoes. They are some of the bigger horses the rescue has. I was nervous leading him out to the field-I didn't need one of us to slip! For his size, he's very gentle and sweet. I had to hold my phone up to take his pic-he is so tall. One of the girls that helps got kicked in the thigh yesterday by Dover. She walked into a group of horses which can't say I'd suggest doing. She's ok but quite sore. The horses are so sweet and gentle but I'm sure to not forget what they're capable of. They get testy around each other especially when it comes to food and you need to watch out.
And Jake..............the vet called last week and Jake is clean and healthy!!! The vet was certain that Jake's tumor was cancer because it burst. We were so happy to hear the news!! He's doing great and his incision is healing. Our kids and Dori's (our neighbor) 3 kids were out playing in the snow yesterday. Jake was out playing with their puppy Toby. The kids made a fort and came in for hot cocoa and Krispy Kremes. It's in the mid 30's and to reach 40 in the next week, so the snow won't be around long. YEAH!
I'm off to get ready for church-we have to greet too. I have xmas shopping to finish today too!

No comments:
Post a Comment