Jake came home last night around dinner time. He was still groggy. His surgery went well and he did fine. Everyone's glad to have him home. We'll know later this week the results of what type of cancer he has and if it's the type that spreads. For now his bed is in the laundry room since his hip is oozing and bloody. The incision is probably 5 inches long or so. He was more alert and ready to go out this am.
I started my job on Monday. It's fun w/ the kids and always something to do. I take the kids down to lunch, bring them out to recess after and so on for 2 more lunches. Down here, there's no outside recess if it's 30 degrees or colder. Today we have the storm Mn had. It's windy and only to get windier and the day goes on. It was raining over night so hopefully it won't freeze as the temps are supposed to drop today. I'm bummed that I didn't get Brent's lunch group =( but I still walk by and see him in class and in the hallway. There's lots of kids I know from Brent and Maddy's classes. I have free reign to run things that work for me. It sounds like they need some new, proactive people working. There's another monitor so we split the building and she has Brent's half of the classes. I have some 2nd graders, but mostly 1st grade. One recess, the music teacher is on the playground too. She and I talked about Brent and his 'musical abilities!' She sent a note home with him saying he's 'in tune to pitch and beat more than other kids!' She thought he could pursue some musical things outside of school. The kids plays football and can hold a music rhthym (sp?) =) it's great to be with the teachers and here how Brent is doing. Well, I'm off to shower and go to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment