Monday, August 31, 2009

1st Day of School

Hayley 5th grade


Brent 2nd grade


Maddy 1st grade

Maddy and her BFF Katie on the bus together. Katie is in Kindergarten.
The 1st day of school was last Tuesday. Hayley was up and at 'em early with excitement. She has to get up an hr earlier than last year so it's quite an adjustment for her. She had a great 1st day-likes her teachers and her new school. She knew 1 girl from last year in her class and is making new friends. She's in band this year and is playing bells. She wants to play drums and bells is the start to work up to drums. She gets home 45 min before Brent & Maddy so it's nice for her to have some quiet time in the house-just her and I time.
Brent had an adjusting week as well. He's at a new school this year too. His teacher is very nice and he likes her. He also knows a few boys from last year in his class. He says his playground is boring. The playground at LECC is huge compared to the one he has now so I can understand. He rides the bus with our neighbor and his friend Mason and a few other friends from the neighborhood. He catches the bus earlier but he doesn't have to get up earlier. He's always up in the am.
And Maddy has had a good week too. She has Brent's teacher from last year so that's helped her ease into school I think. So far she seems ok to be gone all day. I miss her (all of them) and it's weird to have her gone all day. I can't believe my kids are in school now. She rides the bus with her friend Katie =) and Mason's brother Max.
I've been busy working...........................yikes, work after 8 yrs of being home! I worked 3 days last week at Hayley's school and the middle school which is connected to hers. I served food, washed dishes, cashiered, and lots of other things. The people are really nice to work with. I've been working 9:30-2. The time goes fast as there's always something to do. I work today and tomorrow at Hayley's school and the h.s. on Wednesday. It's nice to keep busy.
Hayley cheered yesterday. Her team played Lakota which is a tough team at any age for Loveland to beat. The kids are big-farm team =) I think the h.s. team is ranked 2nd in the nation. Scott heard that..................anyway, her team only lost by a touchdown which isn't bad for playing a tough team.
I was at the barn on Saturday. I missed my horse pals! Raja died while we were in Mn. The am feeders found her in the pasture and had to put her down. She was Bo's friend. He's blind so he would follow her around. She would 'winny' for him as they walked so he knew where she was. He fell over her also and tore his femeral (sp?) artery and had surgery on Friday. He was bleeding Sat when I was up. His owner was there and concerned. The vet said it could happen. He has gauze hanging from his incision to let it drain. The poor horse had blood running down his leg and pooling. It would start and slow and kept on. The owner had her kids there to say goodbye as she didn't know what would happen. He may bleed to death or it would stop and some point and clot and start to heal. The vet was on his way when I left. I haven't heard anything so I hope he made it. If he made it thru 48 hrs he would have a chance to live. I'll have to take a pic of my favorite horse Cinnamon. She's so sweet and wants love. I rub her head and her neck. I brought carrots Saturday and she loved the treat. Bo had lots too to get better =)
Well, gotta go to work. Take care!!!!

No comments: