Saturday, June 6, 2009








It was a beautiful day to be out! Everybody had fun!
Monday, Maddy had Fun Day with her class at school. She's learning how to hula hoop and loves it! We bought hula hoops and Brent is the master! Maddy gets her little rump moving-it's pretty funny.
Tuesday I went and got my finger printing done and turned in my paperwork to work as a sub in the cafeteria at school this fall. I will float to whatever school they need me. The hours are 10-1 and pretty flexible if I can't be there if the kids' are sick, etc. I'm hired, just have to do paperwork. I was hired last fall but with Maddy only in school 1/2 day, it didn't work. So we planned to have me start this fall.
Thursday Hayley had a picnic with her class outside. Her teacher grilled hot dogs/hamburgers. The kids played games, corn hole and had fun. Gma & Gpa came too =)
Friday Brent had a picnic at school too and went to Hayley's play at school. It's been a busy, end of the year week! The kids' would have been finished with school yesterday had they not had the snow/storm days. Hayley's done Tues and Brent & Maddy Wed. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
Gma & Gpa left yesterday. We're sad and the house is empty. We have to plan their next trip!Gma and I have gotten close(r) and it's fun to be with her and talk 'girl stuff!' Exchange books, shop. I don't have that and it's great to have that with her. I miss that in my life! She and I are content to sit and read in our 'sitting room' and listen to the birds out the window! She really liked the new chairs we bought and had to drag her out of it! Thurs nite she & I stayed up until 2 am watching chick flicks! How fun is that!! Of course, it's fun to have gpa here too but we don't talk gal stuff. We talk about lots of stuff but it's fun too to have the female/mom bond too. We give him grief because he eats every 2 hrs and naps =) I miss them both and can't wait for next time!
I'm off for now to sit outside on the stoop and have a beer! I'm a little baked after Hayley & Brent's games today, I need to cool off!

No comments: