Friday, March 13, 2009

The weekend is here!

Well thank goodness for another weekend!

It's been a busy week-church, gals night out, Hayley's ortho appts, baseball was canceled because it was too cold. It's warming up now tomorrow! 50-60's!!

Hayley had her palette spacer put in yesterday! It's a mouthful! She gets food caught in it and she clears her throat trying to force air up to clear it and it sounds like a hairball is coming up. We have to tighten every night for 14 days and go back for a checkup and do the same for another 14 days then go back in 6 wks. The ortho said she'll get a space between her front teeth. That should be interesting to watch. She talks like she has a mouthful too.

We caught up on our Idol last night. The kids love to watch it. GO DANNY!! We're all rooting for Danny Gokey!!

Our Bunco group has changed to GNO. We went to this ceramic place called The Mad Potter and we painted some ceramic pieces and they'll fire them and pick them up. It was pretty fun. Our girl scout troup is going on Monday. I want to bring Maddy & Brent too-they'd have fun.

We ate at our favorite-Cheeseburger in Paradise tonight and went and bought Brent new baseball cleats. He has practice again tomorrow.

Tomorrow night, our troop is staying over night at the zoo to sleep with the manatees! Should be fun and interesting. I'll need a strong drink..........the girls can get a little nutty. Hayley and a couple other girls are pretty calm and normal. The rest (the other 5) are full of it!

I'm going on my Walk to Emmaus next weekend. The thought of leaving everyone for 3 days is awful and I'm nervous about going. We aren't supposed to bring cell phones as we are to leave the outside world OUT. I don't know how to go that long and not see OR talk to my 4 sweeties (scott is 4 =) is rough to say the least. I'm sure it will be fine once I get there. How to live w/out my baby's for that long! I'm staying in the 'nunnery.' I am looking forward to it and I leave the house in great hands!

We're in the midst of trying to figure out Jake's condition of his legs. I brought him to the vet to have his blood tested so he can start a nonsteroidal medicine for arthritis. He's already on meds for that and i'm not sure if we've seen alot of improvement. The vet did a 'paw' check and he THINKS Jake has a degenerative disease-Myelopathy. It involves the spine and slowly the paws, legs and upward go numb. Some days he seems to get right up off the floor and other days he's dragging his butt just to sit up. So hopefully he'll show some improvement on his 2nd medication. His meds cost a small fortune........................if it's the 2nd condition, no meds will improve his legs/hips. So hopefully it is only arthritis.

Well, I'm off to read a magazine and RELAX! Have a great weekend!

No comments: