Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Everyone Made It!

Well, the 'boys' have returned from their weekend! It was quiet around the house and busy for them.

Gma & I hung out Friday, reading, enjoying quiet. When Hayley & Brent came home from school Friday we went out for dinner. Fun place but the food was so so.

Saturday we went to the aquarium-VERY fun! We saw so many fish, sharks, frogs, lizards, stingrays alligators, etc. We got to touch little sharks and other critters. Everyone was tired by the time we left. Early bedtime that night!

Sunday we went to church and out for brunch and just enjoyed the rest of the day at home. The boys finally came home around 8 pm. They were very glad to be home and us to have them. They couldn't have phones with them! It was a moving experience!

Last night Brent's school had their Spring Fine Arts night. All of the 1st graders put on a play called 'Bugz!' Brent was a fire fly!!!!!!! And the cutest one ever too! He had a couple speaking lines. He did wonderful! I bought the DVD that someone is making. He was having fun singing and doing the motions, etc. He has many talents-football, acting, etc! Of course I had ask him if his butt would light up =) Boys and their butt jokes! I'll see if my pic's turned out-it was a little dark.

I had a dr (gastrology) appt on Tuesday-follow up from last week. I have issues with food getting stuck in my chest and a weird chest pounding that radiates. The gas dr thinks my esophagus may have a 'spot' that I probably have had all my life and has decided to spasm and shrink in the last few years. I don't have other symptoms of reflux. This is his 'guess' so I have to go at the end of April and have a Endoscopy (they stick a tube with camera on the end down my throat) done. I will be put out and he wants to see for sure what is going on. If my esophagus has shrunk, he will open it-don't want to know how. When my food gets stuck, it's just like choking but down in my chest. The first time it happened, I thought I was going to choke/suffocate. Because there is food stuck, I can't breath thru my chest and I can't get the food out-it's blocked. It took 3 big gulps of milk to get it to start passing. And it is tremendous pain. As for my pounding, he thought it was SVT-supraventricular tachycardia. I have an appt with a cardiologist next Wednesday to see what tests they want to run. I hope it's nothing. I'm staying off WebMD-I've read too much and am not crazy about what they have to say. So, I'll let the dr tell me facts related to me. I've had both of these issues for a few years. I went to the dr in MN and they did an EKG which showed nothing. The downfall is that the EKG isn't on long enough and if I don't have the pounding while I'm hooked up, they can't find what's going on. It's been on my things to do list since and I need to take care of it. Many thanks to Gail and her empathetic words of wisdom that have never left me, I finally decided I need to take care of this. So Gail if you read this, THANK YOU for all of your advice and wealth of info!!!

On one of our outings, we found a wonderful house for gma & gpa here! We even took a tour yesterday! One level, everything they need. Big yard..................so now we're on to twin homes. That would be awesome to have them here! Jake would love it too!! We'll see what the economy brings..................

We finally went to Cheeseburger in Paradise to eat tonight! It's one of Brent's favorite places to go! It's ritual now to go at least once while gma and or gpa are here. Very very good food and a fun place to eat. It is one of Jimmy Buffetts (sp?) restaurants so it's very 'beachy' themed-my favorite!!

Speaking of 'beachy', Scott told me Kenny Chesney is coming in concert to Louisville this summer. ? I must look into this........................

Well, I need to go relax and read. I'm trying to get rid of a sinus infection I've had since last week. I've had headaches everyday and Advil doesn't do much. As I found at my visit, Advil isn't the best to take. I may have to switch to Tylenol as instructed.

Take care!

No comments: