Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy 2009!!

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and 2009 is starting great! We had fun on New Year's Eve. We played games and had a fun dinner with bubbly-the kiddy safe kind. The kids love it! Hayley, Brent & Maddy stayed up until midnight and we watched the ball drop. I couldn't believe they stayed up that long!

We're getting back into the school routine. The kids have this Friday off and Monday for MLK Jr. day and end of the semester so we'll have a 4 day weekend.

Brent started flag football last weekend. It's funny to watch them play. There's only 4-5 boys on the field at a time. Most of his team he played football with and I think their instinct is to tackle. I can't see how when they pull the flag, they don't pull someone's pants down! Brent had some turf burn on his knees. He likes it. I'll have to add some pic's if they turn out.

The weather here is gray. I don't remember much of that from last year but I think it was new or it's cloudier this year. It has rained more in the last few months than most of the summer! The little snow we had got last week is gone now with the rain. I think next week it's only supposed to be in the 20's. That's the coldest it's gotten. I can handle some gloom as long as it's warmer like it's been.

Hayley has her ortho appt on Wed. They're going to take moldings of her teeth and see if the palette expander is still what she needs or just braces. She wants to get it because her teeth bother her some days. Some of her teeth are squished so we'll see what's changed since last year.

Time to clean the house...........have a great week!

2 comments:

babysitting buissness said...

Paige is going to have to have a number of teeth pulled herself-even some permanent ones that haven't come down yet because they're impacted. She will be getting braces in about a year and a half or so. I hated braces- poor kids, at least everybody else will have them too!

Laura said...

Good luck! That does not sound fun. I don't know what Hayley will do w/out her popcorn! I had braces too and they're a pain.