Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2nd Snow Day!

The weather here has been interesting. Last night there was sleet coming down and snowing hard again this am. The trees in our neighbor's yard are drooping so bad due to the frozen sleet on the branches. Power is out for some due to the trees cracking and breaking over power lines. Part of our neighbor's tree is touching the ground by our truck in the driveway. It took 1/2 hr to defrost and get the layer of ice off the truck. Our cars have to stay out cuz the boat is in the garage. I stayed clear while I was out shoveling not to go under it. The wind would blow and I could here it snapping and making noise.

This am, on Scott's way to work, he was the first to come upon a horrific accident. A city worker pickup truck had collided head on with salt-dump truck. The driver of the dump truck was out wandering and dazed. A few minutes later, another city truck came with 2 guys in it. The driver of the city truck was slumped over the steering wheel, unconscious and bleeding very badly. The 2 other city guys broke his windows and tried to get him to wake up. They're not sure if he was breathing. They sat him up in his seat, bracing his neck not to move. By this time the ambulance was coming and the trooper. This afternoon, I read in the news that the city worker has died. Hamilton County Sherriff had issued a level 3 weather emergency. This meant that until 3pm, there were to be NO ONE on the roads. If you were, you would be arrested. They needed to get the plows out and fix the roads. It's weird to think how crazy this storm has made travel. The kids & I haven't left the house since Monday, so it's hard to know what it's like to travel. Obviously, I don't want to know. Scott said it hasn't been too bad. I pray for the family of the man who died. He leaves behind a wife and 3 daughters. Hopefully this is the end of this weather.

No comments: