Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our latest project.........

Yesterday was quite an interesting day. I sat eating breakfast hearing this funny sound. I couldn't make the sound out, I had to find it. I tried a couple times with no luck. On my last try, I looked again behind the couch which faces the kitchen and found a funny spot on the floor. It was WET. How can this be? Well, as I was standing there, I got dripped on. Up on the ceiling was a drip. This is the sound I heard as it spattered when it hit the soaked carpet. Low and behold a 3-5 ft section had a wet mark and 3 other drip spots. The 'A-ha' moment is that the bathroom is above........... I went to check it out and the toilet water was at the top of the bowl! A certain someone (we won't name names) had an issue in the kids' bathroom and didn't say anything so the water ran over and was left to seep all night thus dripping out of the ceiling. Thanks to the crew who will replace our roof, they also do other repair jobs. Scott called them and they came out and cut 2 spots out of our ceiling to get the water out (which wasn't much) and to dry it out. He will come back in a few days and see how things are and hopefully nothing more is wrong and he can put our ceiling back together. Hopefully the bathroom cupboards and floor boards are ok and not yucky from water sitting. Ah.....there's never a dull moment!!

2 comments:

babysitting buissness said...

Oh my, that couldn't have been a fun surprise!!

I really enjoy reading your blog, seeing pictures of Hayley, Brent & Maddy (which, might I add, are growing like weeds, as are my two I know), and keeping up with your lives.

Thank you also for the very sweet words you wrote on my blog :)
-Sarah

Laura said...

It's fun reading yours too and keeping up =-) I'm so glad you shared this great idea with me! We've known you all for so long, it's great to keep in touch!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Laura